My opinion of the street is that it may seem safe, but there are always crimes being committed. The police try to arrest all the criminals they can, but no matter how many arrests the police make in twenty-four hours, crime never stops. Drugs and violence are the main problems on the street because it destroys peoples lives.

Some skills and knowledge that you need to survive in the street is that you need to be aware of your surroundings. You should never walk alone by yourself late at night even though the police are patrolling the streets. When you are walking in the day or night, it is best not to use headphones to listen to music because it is a distraction. You become vulnerable to get robbed, attacked, or kidnapped. Also, it is not a good idea to carry a large amount of cash or expensive valuables because it is a possibility that you will be targeted and followed by a criminal. You cannot be naive to strangers even though they seem friendly. I also think that you should learn how to defend yourself if you are attacked. Everyone in the world should be able to live in a peaceful environment so our next generations children can prevent crime and learn how to say no to drugs and violence.

I believe that everyone can survive in the street only if they choose to socialize with good people. If you interact with people who are doing drugs, eventually you will want to try drugs. Over time, you will be addicted to harmful substances and want more and more of the drugs or be involved in gangs. The right crowd consists of hardworking people, people who go to college, people who do not steal or commit crimes, and people that do not fight or belong to gangs. Personally, I believe that I can survive in the street because I surround myself with positive people.

When I think about the street, I believe that there is a difference between gender or race to survive in the street because people who are criminals may be racist if you cross paths with them. You can be attacked or robbed by a person just because of your gender, the way you dress, preferred sexuality, and if you are racist. Woman are mainly targeted because men or woman may think that they are prostitutes. Men and woman who are in gangs may beat you up and/or steal from you just because they need money for drugs and steal jewelery so they can pawn it to get money. To survive in the street, you should be very cautious if you are in are in a unfamiliar area because it may be dangerous.