Catherine Genovese was attacked and stabbed to death in 1964 where there was a lot of people in Queens, New york. Thirty-eight people heard Catherine beg and yell for someone to help her and they watched from their windows and did not call the police to help her. Catherine's brutal attack lasted for a half-hour. Her attacker realized that he was being watched and that he also heard voices. Despite the fact that he was being observed by onlookers, he then realized that no one was calling the police so he decided to kill Catherine. No one called an ambulance either. The thirty-eight witnesses chose to pull their shades down and avoided Catherine's desperate crie's for help as she was being killed. I think that the thirty-eight bystanders did not try to help Catherine because they did not want to be a witness or be killed either. I would have helped her by calling the police instead of watching her die. I believe that the bystanders are morally wrong, but they did not committ a crime because they do not have to be mandated reporters. Click on this link below to find out more about Catherine's attack. http://www.homicidesquad.com/kitty_genovese.htm