Buddhism

Greetings again, as you all know I am totally a diverse person. I am Asian American and I was grown up to believe in faith of Buddhism. My mother practices Buddhism everyday. We have a sacred shrine at home that has portraits of Buddha and other sacred Gods and Goddesses.

The significances of Buddhism is reincarnation in my family, my mother always told me that if you do well, your next life will be better. I practice Buddhism once a month. I go to Sunday temples once a month to pray for my family's health, happiness, and fortune. I'm a very busy individual and I try to practice Buddhism as much as possible.

Overall, Professor Poole taught me a lot about Buddhism in her course. I never thought I would learn so much about myself in her class. Her class gave me a strong and true understanding about Buddhism. I learned that Buddha's name is Siddhartha Gautama and he is from India. I learned about karma, reincarnation, Bodhisattva, ascetics, dukkha, nirvana, and many more...Professor Poole truly enlightened me about my own religion.